from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Either of two Scottish kitchen implements made of wood; a flat one for turning oatcakes, or a stick for stirring porridge
- v. To spurt, spatter or sputter
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To spurt or shoot in a scattering manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To shoot in a scattering manner; spurt.
- n. A stick used for stirring.
Sorry, no etymologies found.