- adj. military Information classified at the highest level of sensitivity by a government, based on an assessment that it would cause exceptionally grave damage to national security if disclosed.
- adj. A level of security clearance needed to access such information.
- adj. figuratively Pertaining to any especially sensitive closed-room activities.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Mil.) containing information whose disclosure could result in grave danger to the national security; -- the highest of the three commonly known levels of national security classification, the others being
- adj. kept secret by very careful and strict rules for disclosure.
- adj. the highest official level of classification of documents
“Moody also intercepted top secret mail and once came close to capturing William Livingston, the patriot governor of New Jersey.”
“ON AUGUST 13, 1956, with Rakosi already gone, and the city buzzing with new freedoms and a tentative self-confidence, an AVO officer named Rezso Kovacs, in a top secret memorandum addressed to the minister of the interior, declared: The crimes committed by Dr. Endre Marton—treason and espionage—are sufficiently demonstrated by evidence to prompt us not to recommend that his sentence be lowered.”
“And the Par-Con deal was top secret to the Inner Court only.”
“Paine’s divulgence of such top secret information transformed the issue from a congressional quarrel into an international incident.”
‘top secret’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for top secret.