from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Ranking among the foremost in the world; of an international standard of excellence; of the highest order: a world-class figure skater.
- adj. Great, as in importance, concern, or notoriety.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of a standard that ranks among the best in the world
- adj. of the highest order or importance
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. ranking above all others
Sorry, no etymologies found.