from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Of or relating to the body; corporeal. synonym: bodily.
- adjective Of, relating to, or inclined to bodily and especially sexual pleasure; sensual.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Pertaining to the flesh or body in its physical relations; corporeal.
- Pertaining to the flesh or body as the seat of appetite; carnal; not spiritual or divine; in an extreme sense, lascivious.
- Animal; not vegetable.
- Carnally; lasciviously.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adverb obsolete In a fleshly manner; carnally; lasciviously.
- adjective Of or pertaining to the flesh; corporeal.
- adjective Animal; not vegetable.
- adjective Human; not celestial; not spiritual or divine.
- adjective Carnal; wordly; lascivious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adverb obsolete
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective marked by the appetites and passions of the body
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From flesh + -ly.
Sorry, no example sentences found.