from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The final statement in a verbal argument.
- noun A conclusive or authoritative statement or treatment.
- noun Power or authority of ultimate decision.
- noun Informal The newest or most fashionable example of its kind; the latest thing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun idiomatic, often preceded by "the" and followed by "in" The
finest, highest, or ultimate representativeof some classof objects.
- noun idiomatic
Concluding remarksor comments
- noun plural the
final statementuttered by a person before death.
- noun idiomatic A
final decision, or the rightto make such a decision.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the final statement in a verbal argument
- noun an authoritative statement
- noun elegance by virtue of being fashionable
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.