from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The figure of an eagle with wings and legs spread.
- n. The emblem on the obverse of the Great Seal of the United States.
- n. A posture or design resembling such an emblem or figure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A position of a body involving full extension of the limbs with both fore- and hind-limbs spread wide, usually referring to humans or heraldic eagles
- n. A move in which a skater glides on both feet, the toes turned out to the sides, heels facing each other.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.