from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The figure of an eagle with wings and legs spread.
- noun The emblem on the obverse of the Great Seal of the United States.
- noun A posture or design resembling such an emblem or figure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A position of a body involving full extension of the limbs with both fore- and hind-limbs spread wide, usually referring to humans or heraldic eagles
- noun figure skating A move in which a
skater glideson both feet, the toes turned out to the sides, heels facing each other.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.