from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In an unrestrained manner; spontaneously.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. At pleasure.
- adv. At will.
- adv. To whatever extent.
- adv. Extemporaneously.
- adj. Extemporaneous, impromptu.
- v. To perform without script.
- v. To perform without preparation.
- v. To perform extemporaneously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation of ad libitum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. without advance preparation
Short for ad libitum.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
abbreviation of ad libitum, from New Latin ad libitum. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.