from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of mixing or mingling.
- n. The state of being mingled or mixed.
- n. Something that is produced by mixing; a mixture.
- n. Something added in mixing. See Synonyms at mixture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instance of admixing, a mixing-in of something.
- n. A mixture, in some contexts
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of mixing; mixture.
- n. The compound formed by mixing different substances together.
- n. That which is mixed with anything.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of mingling or mixing; the state of being mingled or mixed.
- n. That which is mingled or formed by mingling; a compound made by mixture. An ingredient different in kind from that which gives a mixture its principal properties. In general, anything added; especially, any alien element or ingredient.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of impairing the quality or reducing the value of something
- n. the act of mixing together
- n. an additional ingredient that is added by mixing with the base
Sorry, no etymologies found.