from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A state or an instance of confusion; a muddle: maddening bureaucratic mix-ups.
- n. Informal A fight or melee.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A confusion, mistake, muddle or misunderstanding
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. To confuse the identities of (two or more objects); to mistake (one object for another).
- n. To mix together; -- usually implying a mistake, whether done intentionally or unintentionally.
- n. a mistake that results from taking one thing to be another.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. assemble without order or sense
- v. cause to be perplexed or confounded
- n. a mistake that results from taking one thing to be another
Sorry, no etymologies found.