from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Within easy reach; nearby.
- Near; soon; approaching; imminent.
- Currently receiving attention.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Under the hand or bridle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. close in space; within reach
- adj. close in time; about to occur
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.