from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Pain in the stomach or abdomen; colic.
- n. Slang A whining complaint.
- intransitive v. Slang To complain, especially in a whining manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any pain in the belly, stomach, or abdomen.
- v. To complain or whine, especially needlessly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Pain in the bowels; colic.
- intransitive v. to complain, especially in a whining or grumbling manner; to gripe.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Pain in the bowels; the colic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an ache localized in the stomach or abdominal region
- v. complain
Listening to conservos bellyache is like listening to a frat boy who has set fire to his frat house and then complains about how much water the fire department uses to put the fire out. george in MD
don't just "bellyache" DO what you can to make a difference in your corner of the universe.
i think a night in the dungeon would be preferable to a Subway 'bellyache' special ...
I used to dive and swim so much that I usually ended up with bellyache thanks to swallowing too much salt water.
A 9-year-old girl's appendix ruptures after doctors rule she's just got a bellyache.
The query (about whichmost of us have been known to bellyache.)
The key thing to keep in mind, however, is that it's the very same people who constantly bellyache about how kids might be brainwashed by making an oil baron not-so-cuddly in a movie, who through vocal support or their vote, deprive children of health care.
And yet, they bellyache about the costs of a public option for health care in this nation …
Sure, invite Eric Cantor and his ilk so they can later grandstand on Fox News and bellyache about the Democrats.
Staying late into the night and coming in on weekends (gasp) to bellyache about what they don't like about any bills that the Dems put out while not coming up with anything to offer themselves, I'm loving it.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.