from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various perennial herbs of the genus Dicentra, especially the Old World D. spectabilis, having arching clusters of pink to red or sometimes white, heart-shaped flowers.
- n. A person who is considered excessively sympathetic toward those who claim to be underprivileged or exploited.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various perennial plants, of the genus Dicentra, having pink heart-shaped flowers
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. garden plant having deep-pink drooping heart-shaped flowers
- n. someone who is excessively sympathetic toward those who claim to be exploited or underprivileged
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.