from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Used other than as an idiom: To bring from a lower position to a higher position..
- v. To mention.
- v. To raise (children).
- v. To uncover, to bring from obscurity.
- v. To turn on power or start, as of a machine.
- v. To vomit.
- v. To stop or interrupt a flow or steady motion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. bring up
- v. put forward for consideration or discussion
- v. promote from a lower position or rank
- v. cause to load (an operating system) and start the initial processes
- v. make reference to
- v. raise from a lower to a higher position
- v. cause to come to a sudden stop
- v. summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.