from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tool, such as a chisel, that has a cutting edge.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tool for forming or dressing an edge; an edging tool.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any tool with a cutting edge, as the ax, the chisel, the plane, the bit, etc.
- n. Same as edger, 2.
- n. Figuratively, a matter dangerous to tamper or sport with.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any cutting tool with a sharp cutting edge (as a chisel or knife or plane or gouge)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.