from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Cursive writing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The written characters used in the common method of writing; -- opposed to shorthand, or typing or printing; handwriting.
- adv. To write something by hand in normal characters, as opposed to shorthand.
- adv. To write something out by hand (with pen or pencil), rather than printing out; handwritten.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The written characters used in the common method of writing; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Writing of the ordinary form, as contradistinguished from shorthand or stenography.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having words written out in full by hand
- n. rapid handwriting in which letters are set down in full and are cursively connected within words without lifting the writing implement from the paper
long + hand (Wiktionary)