from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who acts as host at a formal event, making the welcoming speech and introducing other speakers.
- n. A performer who conducts a program of varied entertainment by introducing other performers to the audience.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who acts as a host at a formal event
- n. who conducts a programme of varied entertainment by introducing performers to the audience
- n. A rapper
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an officer who determines the forms to be observed, or superintends their observance, on a public occasion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who acts as host at formal occasions (makes an introductory speech and introduces other speakers)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.