from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A state of emotional and psychological well-being in which an individual is able to use his or her cognitive and emotional capabilities, function in society, and meet the ordinary demands of everyday life.
- n. A branch of medicine that deals with the achievement and maintenance of psychological well-being.
- n. A person's overall emotional and psychological condition: Since witnessing the accident, his mental health has been poor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One's emotional well-being, especially with reference to one's outlook on life, ability to cope with stress or the absence of a mental disorder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the psychological state of someone who is functioning at a satisfactory level of emotional and behavioral adjustment
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.