from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A petulant, bad-tempered mood; a huff.
- n. A petty quarrel or argument; a tiff.
- transitive v. To cause to become offended or annoyed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small argument, quarrel.
- n. A state of being offended.
- v. to offend slightly
- v. to become slightly offended
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A petty falling out; a tiff; a quarrel; offense.
- transitive v. To offend slightly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fit of Petulant displeasure; a feeling of slight anger or resentment.
- Vexed; offended; angry.
- To give a slight offense to; displease: nearly always in the past participle: as, she was somewhat miffed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state of irritation or annoyance
- v. cause to be annoyed
Possibly expressive of disgust.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Origin uncertain. (Wiktionary)