from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An unconventionally modern style of fashionable dress originating in England in the 1960s.
- adj. In or characteristic of this unconventionally modern style.
- adj. Fashionably up-to-date, especially in style, design, or dress.
- abbr. Mathematics modulus
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. moderate, as in: low, moderate, high
- abbr. modulus
- n. An unconventionally modern style of fashionable dress originating in England in the 1960s, characterized by ankle-length black trenchcoats and sunglasses.
- n. a 1960s British person who dressed in such a style and was interested in modernism and the modern music of the time; the opposite of a rocker.
- n. A modification to an object, computer game, etc., typically for the purpose of individualizing and/or enhancing the performance of the object.
- n. A moderator, for example on a forum.
- n. A module (file containing a tracker music sequence).
- n. A moderately difficult route.
- v. To modify an object from its original condition, typically for the purposes of individualizing and/or enhancing the performance of the object.
- v. To moderate; to punish a rule-breaking user on a forum, especially when done by a moderator.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Middle English form of mood.
- n. An abbreviation
- n. of modern;
- n. in music, of moderato.
- n. The yearly meeting of the Highland Association, for literary and musical compositions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to a recently developed fashion or style
- n. a British teenager or young adult in the 1960s; noted for their clothes consciousness and opposition to the rockers
(releasing mod key) or cancels the switch (mod+ [escape]).
The lady inquired nasally of our old friend, "Is this hall mod-ern; what you call mod-ern?"
Eligible borrowers are put into three-month trial modifications, and if they make their payments the trial mod is supposed to become "permanent" for five years.
Yes | No | Report from rocky d bashaw wrote 2 weeks 4 days ago if you have a single barrel gun, i suggest the mod choke. mod is the all-around choke.
What a shame, the entire planet watching the US, the leading nationt, being dragged in mod by this delusional, selfcentered drama queen.
I tried to resend the same post and mod proof it but its back in mod he!!.
This practical mod is for anyone running a high speed HDD but looking for some silence at night.
This mod is made of bronze-brazed, hammer-beaten copper.
That case mod is wicked but its kinda 2 year old or something simillar
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.