from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Of necessity; inevitably.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. inevitably; of necessity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a necessary manner; by necessity; unavoidably; indispensably.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a necessary manner; by necessity; so that it cannot be otherwise; inevitably.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in such a manner as could not be otherwise
- adv. as a highly likely consequence
- adv. in an essential manner
necessary + -ly (Wiktionary)