Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Specifically, in botany, deeply cut-lobed or laciniate.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Marked or cut with a slash or slashes; deeply gashed; especially, having long, narrow openings, as a sleeve or other part of a garment, to show rich lining or under vesture.
- adj. (Bot.) Divided into many narrow parts or segments by sharp incisions; laciniate.
- adj. (used of rates or prices) reduced usually sharply
- adj. patterned by having color applied with sweeping strokes
- adj. having long and narrow ornamental cuts showing an underlying fabric
“It uncovered a lump of cash roughly equal to the $893.5 million the state's transportation board slashed from the agency in December.”
“Bush, famously or in -, slashed taxes to levels undreamt of even by Reagan.”
“Thus we have Starbright republishing Fran Manushkin's "Baby Come Out", while Tricycle (a division of Ten Speed Press) has taken on the Remy Charlip books "Fortunately" and "Arm In Arm In Arm" -- these three are titles that Murdoch (AKA Harpercollins) slashed from the Morrow backlist catalog at takeover time several years ago.”
“$40 B slashed from the neediest Americans while squandering $9 B per month on an unjust war.”
“Hail hit hard and fast, and rain slashed the windows.”
“One, several people mention that Paul Martin slashed funding to Health Canada, resulting in the current, infamous long waiting times.”
“THE "bikeway rapist" who terrorised Brisbane for more than two years had his 25 years jail term slashed to 16 years after the Court of Appeal today found the sentencing judge failed to properly take into account all the mitigating circumstances.”
“Munir Hussain had his 30-month term slashed to a 12-month suspended sentence because he had acted under "extreme provocation" when he hit intruder Walid Salem with a cricket bat, Lord Judge ruled.”
“Rudy Guede, had his jail term slashed from 30 to 16 years by an appeal court in Perugia.”
“Like many of you, I'm sure, we've had some belt-tightening days here at SoT headquarters and despite constant demands that the monthly fee paid to Typepad needs to be slashed from the budget, I've held firm, saying that I still have plans, that I still want to keep it going, that I'm going to wake up one morning and instead of facing a 12-hour workday, a four poop-diaper changing day, a day that I don't get accidentally elbowed in the oft-broken nose by the always-wanting-to-play Marlie, I will find time to blog again.”
‘slashed’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for slashed.