from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Dried, damaged or burnt by exposure to sunlight or heat.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of scorch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Burned; parched with heat.
- In zoöl., colored as if scorched or singed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having everything destroyed so nothing is left salvageable by an enemy
- adj. dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight
Sorry, no etymologies found.