from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large dark cloud charged with electricity and producing thunder and lightning; a cumulonimbus cloud.
- n. Something menacing or dreadful: thunderclouds of impending war.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a large, dark cloud, usually a cumulonimbus, charged with electricity and producing thunder and lightning; a stormcloud
- n. something menacing and brooding
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cloud charged with electricity, and producing lightning and thunder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cloud that produces lightning and thunder.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a dark cloud of great vertical extent charged with electricity; associated with thunderstorms
Sorry, no etymologies found.