from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not converted (especially in the religious sense)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not converted or exchanged.
- adj. Not changed in opinion, or from one faith to another.
- adj. Not persuaded of the truth of the Christian religion; heathenish.
- adj. Unregenerate; sinful; impenitent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not converted; not changed in opinion; specifically, not brought to accept a (specified) religious faith; in theology, not having abandoned a sinful life: as, the unconverted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not converted
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Categorized as "long-term unconverted prisoners," they refused to pledge loyalty to Seoul -- as have 20 fellow spies who still remain behind bars.
Are you preaching to the "unconverted"-- that is, are you bringing in the previously disengaged or the merely aware to a social movement to strengthen its numbers and potential?
The converted are accused of hating themselves, and the unconverted are accused of hating everybody else.
For us non-dittoheads (that is, the unconverted), a more fitting memorial to Mount Rushbo might be a diorama of the environmental destruction that he did so much to enable in his multi-decade reign of denigration.
We should direct special efforts toward those who still remain unconverted.
"Zachariah, do you mean to call unconverted infidels your friends?"
• "Whether . . . 'unconverted' float valves contributed to the eventual blowout, has not yet been, and may never be, established with certainty."
To this day, Lee can be found preaching to North Korea's "unconverted" masses.
The paper's "unconverted" readers included people in the business and other sectors of society who relied on a morning paper, but did not necessarily endorse the Mail's editorial line.
During the four years it was inevitable that every sort of evangelical appeal should have been made to reach the comparatively few "unconverted" girls in the school.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.