from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. The water system, including reservoirs, tanks, buildings, pumps, and pipes, that supplies water to a city, town, or other municipality.
- n.pl. A single unit, such as a pumping station, within such a system.
- n.pl. An exhibition of moving water, such as a fountain or cascade.
- n.pl. Informal Tears: turned on the waterworks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the water supply system of a town etc., including reservoirs, pumps and pipes
- n. any single facility, such as a filtration plant, within such a system
- n. tears
- n. the genitourinary system
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a public utility that provides water
- n. workplace where water is stored and purified and distributed for a community
Sorry, no etymologies found.