from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southwest France on the Garonne River. It was under English rule from 1154 to 1453 and was the seat of the French government in 1914 and again in 1940. Bordeaux is the trading center of a notable wine-producing region. Population: 231,000.
- n. A red or white wine produced in the region around Bordeaux, France.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city in southwest France
- proper n. A wine coming from that area.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to Bordeaux in the south of France.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A general term for the wines, both red and white, produced in the region about Bordeaux, France, including several departments, among which Gironde is preëminent; specifically, any of the red wines of this region, commonly known in English as clarets.
- n. A general name of azo-dyes from the azo derivatives of naphthyl amine. They are of a vinous red color.
- n. Same as Bordeaux B.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a port city in southwestern France; a major center of the wine trade
- n. any of several red or white wines produced around Bordeaux, France or wines resembling them
HOW THE EMPEROR BROUGHT WAR TO BORDEAUX AND THAT CITY WAS REDUCED TO SORE STRAIT Huon came into the encampment of those who had followed him from Bordeaux and he straightway set before them how ill his mission had fared.
BORDEAUX (AFP) - Bordeaux coach Laurent Blanc called on his players to seize the moment ahead of the second leg of their Champions Lyon here on Wednesday.
BORDEAUX (AFP) - Bordeaux coach Laurent Blanc called on his players to seize the moment ahead of the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final with domestic rivals Lyon here on Wednesday.
BORDEAUX (AFP) - Bordeaux quickly turned their thoughts to pressing domestic matters after going down 3-2 on aggregate against Lyon in the Champions League quarter-finals.
BORDEAUX (AFP) - Lyon reached the Champions League semi-finals for the first time in their history despite losing 1-0 to Bordeaux in a tense quarter-final second leg here on Wednesday.
BORDEAUX: Bordeaux vintners and merchants are rallying to survive in a thirsty but choppy US market after their biggest customer in the United States defected.
BORDEAUX: Bordeaux vintners and merchants are rallying to survive in a thirsty but tumultuous US market after their biggest customer there defected.
BORDEAUX (Fortune) -- Last year it seemed as if the proud wine growers of Bordeaux might actually have to share the financial pain the rest of us were going through.
BORDEAUX, France - (Business Wire) - July 21, 2009 - The Bordeaux Wine Council (CIVB, www. bordeaux.com) is pleased to announce the forthcoming Institute of Masters of Wine Symposium entitled 'Forging Links' will be held in Bordeaux June 24-27, 2010 during the bi-annual Fête le Vin.
WENDEL SENDS BORDEAUX TO THE SUMMIT game as Bordeaux returned to the top of the Ligue 1 table with a 1-0 home win over the previously-unbeaten Rennes.