from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- conj. Despite the fact that; although: He still argues, though he knows he's wrong. Even though it was raining, she walked to work.
- conj. Conceding or supposing that; even if: Though they may not succeed, they will still try. See Usage Note at although.
- adv. However; nevertheless: Snow is not predicted; we can expect some rain, though.
- adv. Informal Used as an intensive: Wouldn't that beat all, though?
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Despite that; however.
- adv. Used to intensify statements or questions; indeed.
- conj. Despite the fact that; although.
- conj. If, that, even if.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- conj. Granting, admitting, or supposing that; notwithstanding that; if.
- adv. However; nevertheless; notwithstanding; -- used in familiar language, and in the middle or at the end of a sentence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Notwithstanding that; in spite of the fact that; albeit; while: followed by a clause, usually indicative, either completely or elliptically expressed, and noting a recognized fact.
- Conceding or allowing that; however true it be that; even were it the case that; even if: followed by a subjunctive clause noting a mere possibility or supposition.
- Hence, without concessive force, in the case that; if: commonly used in the expression as though.
- Nevertheless; however; still; but: followed by a clause restricting or modifying preceding statements.
- Synonyms Although, Though, etc. (See although.) While, Though. See while.
- Notwithstanding this or that; however; for all that.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. (postpositive) however
I should imagine, though, she might reckon on a better match, said Vronsky, drawing himself up and walking about again, though I dont know him, of course, he added.
I would fain be assured that I am growing apace and rankly, though my very growth disturb this dull equanimity, though it be with struggle through long, dark, muggy nights or seasons of gloom.
Nanako would like some atonement though, seems like Ciel's still not going to give any of it though~
Mrs. Todd Palin though, is the re-incarnation of Tomas de Torquemada ….
What the film has managed to maintain though, is some degree of anticipation for more.
Don't be fooled by the title though - although it is called "Snot Rap Parts 1 & 2", the tracks are actually an extended version of "Part 1" on side A and an instrumental mix on side B!
The club which anyone can join though is the club of which no one wants to be a member.
The term though, has come to refer to foods that dont much resemble their original state.
I did like the title though, very evocative , and a reminder of the ephemeral nature of nationalistic power and military might- c.f. hearts and minds?
As per antisyzygy here, I tried looking for songs with punctuation in the title though I wasn't strict on the bit about sorting songs by song-length.