from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The portion of the alimentary canal extending from the stomach to the anus and, in humans and other mammals, consisting of two segments, the small intestine and the large intestine. Often used in the plural.
- adj. Internal; civil: the intestine affairs of the nation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Domestic; taking place within a given country or region.
- adj. Internal.
- n. The alimentary canal of an animal through which food passes after having passed all stomachs.
- n. One of certain subdivisions of this part of the alimentary canal, such as the small or large intestine in human beings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Internal; inward; -- opposed to
- adj. Internal with regard to a state or country; domestic; not foreign; -- applied usually to that which is evil
- adj. Depending upon the internal constitution of a body or entity; subjective.
- adj. Shut up; inclosed.
- n. That part of the alimentary canal between the stomach and the anus. See Illust. of Digestive apparatus.
- n. The bowels; entrails; viscera.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Internal; inward; pertaining to the interior part of something.
- Inner; innate; inborn.
- Internal with regard to a company, community, or nation; domestic: usually applied to what is evil: as, intestine feuds.
- n. In anatomy, the lower part of the alimentary canal, extending from the pyloric end of the stomach to the anus; gut; bowel: in popular use usually in the plural: the guts; bowels; entrails.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the part of the alimentary canal between the stomach and the anus
This bowel tube, or intestine, which, on account of its length, is arranged in coils, finally delivers the undigested remains of the food into a somewhat larger tube called the _large intestine_, in the lower and back part of the body, where its remaining moisture is sucked out of it, and its solid waste material passed out of the body through the _rectum_ in the form of the _feces_.
A congenital defect in which part of the intestine is completely blocked or absent.
Your intestine is long and pocketed unlike meat eating animals where it is short and smooth, your teeth are not designed for ripping and chewing carcass, you have no claws, nor speed that is why you have to purchase thousands of dollars worth of equipment such as tree stands, bait, lures, fake female, "buck in heat" and of course the weapon to do your killing.
The human intestine is 22ft long, and yet humans are only 6ft tall.
The largest group of probiotic bacteria in the intestine is lactic acid bacteria, of which Lactobacillus acidophilus, found in yogurt and kefir is the best known.
The largest group of probiotic bacteria in the intestine is lactic acid bacteria, of which Lactobacillus acidophilus, found in yogurt and keifer is the best known.
The bad news: the endoscopy showed that Buster's entire stomach, small intestine and large intestine is "grossly diseased".
She had intestinal blockage and had a nasty upper-respiratory infection when she was nine weeks old, and when they spayed her at Bide-a-Wee, they also cleared the blockage, which means her intestine is shortened, so she has to eat special food.
The secretion of the above-mentioned special intestinal ferment by the wall of the intestine is solely due to the stimulating action of the pancreatic protein ferment.
Then the stomach is a simple sac, undivided into compartments, and the intestine is short, not more than three times the length of the body, instead of being some twenty times longer, as in some herbivores.