from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that makes or manufactures. Often used in combination: a policymaker; a drugmaker.
- n. Law A party that signs a promissory note.
- n. God. Often used with a possessive adjective: prayed to her Maker for guidance.
- n. Archaic A poet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who makes; a person or thing that makes or produces something.
- n. God.
- n. A poet.
- n. Someone who signs a check or promissory note, thereby becoming responsible for payment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who makes, forms, or molds; a manufacturer; specifically, the Creator.
- n. The person who makes a promissory note.
- n. One who writes verses; a poet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes, creates, shapes, forms, or molds; specifically (with a capital letter), the Creator.
- n. One who composes verses; a poet.
- n. The person who makes the promise in a promissory note by affixing his signature thereto.
- n. In bridge, the declaring hand.
- n. In shoemaking, the laster (a man or boy) who places the closed uppers of a boot (in hand-sewn work) over the last and attaches the bottom material.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God
- n. a person who makes things
- n. a business engaged in manufacturing some product
I suggest using a label maker because the clarity of the print will speed up your retrieval time and the retrieval time of anyone else looking in your filing cabinet.
When creating your paper file, use a label maker to print the category name for your folder.
Jonathan had the label maker out and was typing a message.
She can also choose supplies she likes, assemble the tools herself, use a label maker or write out her own labels, and make decisions about how she wants her systems to look.
Using a label maker and a series of same-colored Post-its or squares of paper, give a title to every stack, drawer, shelf, and folder in your office.
Referring to all the Emmy statuettes that might show up on the set on Monday morning, he joked, "We're getting a label maker tonight."
Print sticky labels with a label maker, or write on masking tape with a permanent marker.
I had her make me a file folder so she could use the label maker, fetch things from the printer and fill in a workshop evaluation form so she could see what we did with them I'm examining last year's evaluations to plan next year's schedule.
Remember the Seinfeld episode involving the label maker that got passed around like a tray of hors d'oeuvres?
So maybe that means that I need the label maker most of all?