from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Used as a modifier before a noun: your boots; your accomplishments.
- adj. A person's; one's: The light switch is on your right.
- adj. Informal Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type familiar to the listener: your basic three-story frame house.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- pro. Belonging to you; of you; related to you (singular; one owner).
- pro. Belonging to you; of you; related to you (plural; more owners).
- pro. A determiner that conveys familiarity and mutual knowledge of the modified noun.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- prep. The form of the possessive case of the personal pronoun you.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of you: the original genitive of ye, you.
- Of you; belonging to you: used predicatively: now replaced by yours.
- Belonging to you: possessive and adjective in use, preceding the noun.
To take just one example that comes immediately to mind, if your family coverage is through a local HMO, what happens when your son graduates from college and moves halfway across the country, thousands of miles away from your in-network doctors and hospitals?
And when you touch something with your true heart and spirit like you obviously do..your essence is truly imprinted..you are forever immortal in that garden or space..your spirit embodies the land and the land embodies you!
Greg, I love how your big excuse for why your reporting was inaccurate was that you failed to follow ABC's link to the video, and yet you now apparently presume that all of TPM-EC's readers will follow * your* link to read your apology and pseudo-retraction (even when your link itself makes * no* reference to the fact that you will be apologizing).
But your calling me a bitch - and every other radical feminist too - does say something about *your* character, I'm afraid.
People, this is your net income…..your taxes will not increase if you are below this level.
Sure, she can make one that resembles your piece, but no one will ever have *your* piece of jewelry.
For all your jury-rigging..your cake actually looks better than the Bon Appetite picture.
I was mad when I read about your testing, and... sometimes I back off from saying stuff because as Lene so eloquently put, it is *your* life and I don't want to feel the right to barge in just because I care.
The major stumbling block will always be this: You can be the smartest person in the world (or even in your little part of the world), but if the person you want justice -- or even plain fairness -- from is the dumbest person in the wall (or just the dumbest about *your* part of the world), you are limited by *his* lack of intelligence, *his* lack of fairness, *his* lack of wisdom.
And yet when faced with the prospect of someone calling you on your stubbornness - **your** stubbornness which has cost thousands of Americans **their**