from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Offensive Deficient in intelligence.
- adj. Exhibiting a marked lack of intelligent consideration and forethought: feeble-minded excuses; a feeble-minded plan doomed to failure.
- adj. Obsolete Irresolute and weak-willed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Weak in intellectual power; wanting firmness or constancy; lacking intelligence; irresolute; vacillating; imbecile.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Weak in intellectual power; wanting firmness or constancy; irresolute; vacillating; imbecile.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Weak in mind.
- Lacking intelligence; idiotic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. retarded in intellectual development
Sorry, no etymologies found.
It is not just thugs who like blasphemy laws, but acquiescent, feeble-minded, compliants
Conservative operatives have whipped their feeble-minded drones into a frenzy and unleashed them upon the world to spread fear and misinformation.
The majority of the country is not going to vote for a feeble-minded thinker like you. hobart
One commonality she did have with eugenicists was her support for forced sterilization for the “feeble-minded.”
What the increasingly feeble-minded conservative movement fails to realize is that shoddy amateur video exposing bored non-profit workers is a hell of a lot less explosive than 4 guys trying to bug the office of a sitting United States Senator.
For American civilians serving in Afghanistan, the last stop before they ship out to Kabul or Kandahar is a dilapidated, vaguely foreboding institution that once served as a farm colony for “feeble-minded” boys, and later was a state mental hospital.
Scientific hypotheses about the feeble-minded and the criminal type will supply the masters of the modern world with more and more excuses for denying the dogma of equality in the case of white labour as well as black.
If Jake Knotts 'constituents are as feeble-minded as he obviously is, God help South Carolina!
Italian hound; Andy Pay and Mulligan Jacobs, the bitter ones; the three topaz-eyed dreamers, who are unclassifiable; Isaac Chantz, the wounded Jew; Bob, the overgrown dolt; the feeble-minded Faun, lung-wounded;
But these looked as if they were all lunatic or feeble-minded.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.