American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Offensive Deficient in intelligence.
- adj. Exhibiting a marked lack of intelligent consideration and forethought: feeble-minded excuses; a feeble-minded plan doomed to failure.
- adj. Obsolete Irresolute and weak-willed.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Weak in mind. Wanting firmness or constancy; irresolute.
- Lacking intelligence; idiotic.
- adj. Weak in intellectual power; wanting firmness or constancy; lacking intelligence; irresolute; vacillating; imbecile.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Weak in intellectual power; wanting firmness or constancy; irresolute; vacillating; imbecile.
- adj. retarded in intellectual development
“It is not just thugs who like blasphemy laws, but acquiescent, feeble-minded, compliants”
“Conservative operatives have whipped their feeble-minded drones into a frenzy and unleashed them upon the world to spread fear and misinformation.”
“The majority of the country is not going to vote for a feeble-minded thinker like you. hobart”
“One commonality she did have with eugenicists was her support for forced sterilization for the “feeble-minded.””
“What the increasingly feeble-minded conservative movement fails to realize is that shoddy amateur video exposing bored non-profit workers is a hell of a lot less explosive than 4 guys trying to bug the office of a sitting United States Senator.”
“For American civilians serving in Afghanistan, the last stop before they ship out to Kabul or Kandahar is a dilapidated, vaguely foreboding institution that once served as a farm colony for “feeble-minded” boys, and later was a state mental hospital.”
“Scientific hypotheses about the feeble-minded and the criminal type will supply the masters of the modern world with more and more excuses for denying the dogma of equality in the case of white labour as well as black.”
“If Jake Knotts 'constituents are as feeble-minded as he obviously is, God help South Carolina!”
“Italian hound; Andy Pay and Mulligan Jacobs, the bitter ones; the three topaz-eyed dreamers, who are unclassifiable; Isaac Chantz, the wounded Jew; Bob, the overgrown dolt; the feeble-minded Faun, lung-wounded;”
“But these looked as if they were all lunatic or feeble-minded.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘feeble-minded’.
Another eclectic list of random words and phrases that excite or intrigue me. I'll try to tag those I make up as "madeupicals".
Looking for tweets for feeble-minded.