from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The extreme end or tip of a finger.
- idiom at (one's) fingertips Readily or instantly available.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The end of the finger.
- v. to move or deflect with the fingertips
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the end (tip) of a finger.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The end or tip of a finger.
- n. In archery, a tip of leather or other material worn upon a drawing-finger to protect it from the friction of the bowstring.
- n. plural On the coast of southern California, a plant of the stonecrop family, Stylophyllum edule, with tufted cylindrical leaves the size of a lead-pencil. The Indians used the leaves as a salad.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the end (tip) of a finger
From finger + tip. (Wiktionary)