from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of having a pleasant odor.
- n. A sweet or pleasant odor; a scent.
- n. A substance, such as a perfume or cologne, designed to emit a pleasant odor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pleasant smell or odour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being fragrant; sweetness of smell; a sweet smell; a pleasing odor; perfume.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being fragrant; that quality of bodies which affects the olfactory nerves with an agreeable sensation; sweetness of smell; pleasing scent; grateful odor.
- n. Synonyms Perfume, Aroma, etc. (see smell, n.); redolence, incense, balminess.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a distinctive odor that is pleasant
- n. a pleasingly sweet olfactory property
Latin fragrantia. See fragrant. (Wiktionary)