American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The state or quality of having a pleasant odor.
- n. A sweet or pleasant odor; a scent.
- n. A substance, such as a perfume or cologne, designed to emit a pleasant odor.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being fragrant; that quality of bodies which affects the olfactory nerves with an agreeable sensation; sweetness of smell; pleasing scent; grateful odor.
- n. Synonyms Perfume, Aroma, etc. (see smell, n.); redolence, incense, balminess.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality of being fragrant; sweetness of smell; a sweet smell; a pleasing odor; perfume.
- n. a distinctive odor that is pleasant
- n. a pleasingly sweet olfactory property
- Latin fragrantia. See fragrant. (Wiktionary)
“And now, we are blooming, and the fragrance is as bittersweet as a forest flower should be.”
“If they're using the word fragrance, that company could be hiding up to 600 chemicals under that word," said Anderson, who advocates for safer cosmetic regulations.”
“The President of the French Representative Council of Black Associations has met with Reverend Al Sharpton after Jean-Paul Guerlain, the former perfumer for the Guerlain fragrance house, used a racial epithet on television, WWD reports.”
“FYI — its fragrance is reminiscent of a decomposing animal, so mmmm — enjoy!”
“Girls can attain fragrance and incorporate it into their daily lives and not spend a fortune.”
“Since scent is considered a trade secret and is not required by law to be disclosed, the generic term fragrance on a label is actually a catch-all term for nearly 4,000 (mostly man-made) chemicals that can trigger allergies, disrupt hormones, and act as neurotoxins.”
“Sauté the chiles, stirring constantly, just until their fragrance is released.”
“The blooms start opening at dusk and remain fully opened all night, and the fragrance is subtle, but one of my favorites.”
“A "heavy" dose of fragrance is .2 ounces in 4 ounces of soap.”
“The fragrance is clearly diluted with a diluent, such as DPG.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘fragrance’.
Ovid's "montanaque fraga"
Fraga is Latin for strawberry. strawberry has many fascinating appellations. The three native american appellations ( oteagh-minick, otei-meena, and o-da-e-min) have...
different kinds of smells
taste, smell and all
Looking for tweets for fragrance.