American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An international social set made up of wealthy people who travel from one fashionable place to another.
- n. idiomatic A set of wealthy people who travel for pleasure
- adj. Relating to the life style of the jet set.
- v. To follow the life style of the jet set.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. an international group of wealthy individuals who travel frequently to international resorts. -- the group is not organized, but membership is defined solely by frequent travel for pleasure.
- n. a set of rich and fashionable people who travel widely for pleasure
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘jet set’.
No rhyme or reason other than that I like the names. :-) For more flower fun, see these lists:
Rose words by mollusque
Rose varieties by mollusque
Tulip Names II: You Know ...
Looking for tweets for jet set.