from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To repress.
- v. To restrain or control (a sound).
- v. To cause not to increase or rise.
- v. Not to vomit.
- v. To lie low. To stay concealed by not standing up
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. put down by force or intimidation
- v. place a limit on the number of
- v. manage not to throw up
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.