American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A wire carrying electric current.
- n. Informal A vivacious, alert, or energetic person.
- n. electricity An electrical wire through which there is a flow of electrical current.
- n. idiomatic An especially energetic, alert, or vivacious person.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Elec.), (Fig.) a person who is unusually active, alert, or aggressive.
- n. an alert and energetic person
These user-created lists contain the word ‘live wire’.
Words or Sayings from the 1920's or whatever that no one really uses anymore (at least in that context).
random gangster lingo and street slang with extra absurdities.
( open list, randomness )
Rosarians have names for thousands of varieties of roses.
Looking for tweets for live wire.