American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A peripheral or secondary effect, especially an undesirable secondary effect of a drug or therapy.
- n. idiomatic An unintended consequence of any action in addition to the intended consequence of that action.
- n. idiomatic, medicine An adverse effect, an unintended consequence of a drug or therapy; usually not a beneficial effect.
- n. computing A change in state caused by a function call (typically "side-effect").
- n. any adverse and unwanted secondary effect
- n. a secondary and usually adverse effect of a drug or therapy
“Discomfort during sex could be a side effect for some.”
“It made her into a rather portly Senite, but not all the Senites were slim, especially the older ones, likely a side effect of the loss of testosterone.”
“Â Â Â "The stomachache is a side effect of snapping the transportation spell," Morwen said.”
“If indifference to personal safety was in fact a side effect of Seraph's proximity to Angelmass ...”
“My energy level was up, and I wasn�t even hungry, an apparent side effect of the Acai Berry which curbs the appetite.”
“A side effect of the sheep-like attitude the angels created?”
“At present Saguio could do nothing, was completely unaware of the ability that might have unintentionally been bestowed on him as a side effect of the operation.”
“Spirituality is often presumed to be an epiphenomenon or side effect of the brain and our need for hope, even if the hope is delusional.”
“Joy is an uncapturable yet utterly predictable side effect of genuine community.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘side effect’.
race relations, rack bar, rack-raking machine, radial drainage, radial flow to a ..., radial gate, radial gate with ..., radial tyre, radial velocity, radial velocity o..., radial water coll..., radial-gate weir and 4474 more...
The collocations below consist of nouns only. Noun-noun collocations are extremely frequent in science (just think of the names of species, chemical compounds or "scientist+invention" type collocat...
discharge lamp, correlation matrix, obidoxime chloride, withdrawal symptom, ipratropium bromide, book lung, zirconium dioxide, octane number, acetyl group, computer accessory, pinto bean, regression equation and 480 more...
Looking for tweets for side effect.