from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A peripheral or secondary effect, especially an undesirable secondary effect of a drug or therapy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An unintended consequence of any action in addition to the intended consequence of that action.
- n. An adverse effect, an unintended consequence of a drug or therapy; usually not a beneficial effect.
- n. A change in state caused by a function call (typically "side-effect").
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any adverse and unwanted secondary effect
- n. a secondary and usually adverse effect of a drug or therapy
Sorry, no etymologies found.