from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To utter a partly stifled laugh: "I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker” ( T.S. Eliot).
- n. A snide, slightly stifled laugh.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stifled or broken laugh
- v. To emit a snicker: a stifled or broken laugh.
- v. To whinny.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A half suppressed, broken laugh.
- intransitive v. To laugh slyly; to laugh in one's sleeve.
- intransitive v. To laugh with audible catches of voice, as when persons attempt to suppress loud laughter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To laugh in a half-suppressed or foolish manner; giggle.
- To say in a giggling manner.
- Also snigger.
- n. A halfsuppressed laugh; a giggle. Also snigger.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a disrespectful laugh
- v. laugh quietly
= D or anyone. anyone thats not at school * snicker snicker* that is = D haha love you all! mwah!
Oh - wait - i'm sorry, right - I'm doing it for the purpose of pure altruism. * snicker snicker*
Wildlife candywwgm * snicker snicker* RT @Africafreak: Very "Unusual"
(to be fair, most posts on the "ClayBoard" * snicker snicker* were postitive and expressed support)
* snicker snicker* And he thought I was a good girl!
At seven in the morning, when Skipper rolled him out of the blanket and got up, Jerry celebrated the new day by chasing the wild-dog back into his hole and by drawing a snicker from the blacks on deck, when, with a growl and a flash of teeth, he made Lerumie side-step half a dozen feet and yield the deck to him.
I agree with Pablo: Bush’s applause snicker is pretty disgusting.
It made me snicker, which is about as hard as I can laugh while using the Web.
This last election cycle displayed his true colors, especially the demeaning "snicker" at the expense of community organizers.
I mean c'mon, did you really think orchestral and "snicker" pan flutes would cut it for a short teaser trailer like that.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.