American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The study of human society and of individual relationships in and to society.
- n. A scholarly or scientific discipline that deals with such study, generally regarded as including sociology, psychology, anthropology, economics, political science, and history.
- n. A branch of science that studies the society and human behavior in it, including anthropology, communication studies, criminology, economics, geography, history, political science, psychology, social studies, and sociology.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. the science of all that relates to the social condition, the relations and institutions which are involved in man's existence and his well-being as a member of an organized community; sociology. It concerns itself with questions of the public health, education, labor, punishment of crime, reformation of criminals, and the like.
- n. the branch of science that studies society and the relationships of individual within a society
“The Berelson and Freedman study in Taiwan was one of the best, as well as one of the biggest: “This effort…is one of the most extensive and elaborate social science experiments ever carried out in a natural setting” Berelson and Freedman, 1964.”
“New books arrived, too; the classics of social science appeared with new footnotes and commentaries, the old histories were replaced by new histories, the old memoirs of dead revolutionary leaders were replaced by new memoirs of the same defunct.”
“I would say Odum was one of the forefather's, gurus, of social science of a serious scholarship of the South.”
“Most diffusion research and most social science research is variance-type investigation.”
“In 1990, the Institute for Scientific Information designated Diffusion of Innovations as a “Citation Classic” on the basis of the large number of citations approximately 7,000 that it received in articles published in social science journals.”
“PROBLEMS IN MEASURING THE TIME OF ADOPTION Diffusion differs from most other social science research in the fact that the time variable is not ignored.”
“[Page 182] mittee itself on social science composed of”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘social science’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Multiword expressions frequently used in EU context. Many of them have a specific EU-meaning, some of them are topical in 2012 also outside the EU but have a relevance in EU politics. People workin...
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 1567 more...
active involvement, administrative bu..., administrative ca..., adverse effects, advisory services, ageing population, ageing society, agri-environmenta..., Arab spring, Atlantic partnership, audiovisual policy, backward region and 372 more...
The vocabulary of scientific paper submission
Looking for tweets for social science.