from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Acute nervousness associated with performing or speaking before an audience.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A state of nervousness about performing some action in front of a group of people, on or off of a stage; nerves; uncertainty; a lack of self-assurance before an audience.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Nervousness felt before an audience.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nervousness experienced on facing an audience, especially for the first time.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fear that affects a person about to face an audience
stage + fright (Wiktionary)