from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make straight.
- v. To correct or rectify.
- v. To eliminate confusion from or concerning.
- v. To correct; to stop doing something wrong.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear
- v. extricate from entanglement
- v. make straight
- v. change for the better
- v. settle or put right
- v. put (things or places) in order
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.