from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A female being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people.
- n. A female being believed to be the source of life and being and worshiped as the principal deity in various religions. Used with the.
- n. An image of a female supernatural being; an idol.
- n. Something, such as fame or wealth, that is worshiped or idealized.
- n. A woman of great beauty or grace.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A female deity.
- n. A human female honored or adored as physically attractive or of superior charm and intelligence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A female god; a divinity, or deity, of the female sex.
- n. A woman of superior charms or excellence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A female god or deity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a female deity
But really I would have perferred to be the goddess or the temptress or the dark goddess but whatever
Sheen says he picked up the term "goddess" from Cage.
Aside from not rolling trippingly off the tongue, I found that many women took issue with the word goddess.
The ice goddess is able to control men against their will.
I swear to whichever goddess is presently in the mood to listen, if these weird dreams keep up, I'm going to have our water tested for LSD.
Aaron Carter tasted bile on Dancing With the Stars, fabulous guest judge Nigella Lawson fought the urge to hurl on Top Chef, and poor Carol Hannah dropped to her knees and worshiped the porcelain goddess on Project Runway.
What if the goddess is immortal but suffers the pains of mortal flesh?
The former “rain goddess” has become one of the most recognizable icons in comic culture, black or white.
And The Greatest Black Superhero Is….. : SF Universe - SF Universe is your Science Fiction central. From SciFi television to movies to books and more. All the latest news, reviews and insights from SciFi experts.
An actress looking for work ends up as a stand-in goddess in a nazi Xenium plot.
The new series acquisitions feature some of the best characters that the manga world has to offer, including fighting maids, a temperamental rain goddess, and — in a unique twist — cute, talking bacteria.