from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The small projection near the center of the mammary gland containing the outlets of the milk ducts through which young mammals obtain milk from the adult female; a teat.
- n. A corresponding projection of the male breast.
- n. The rubber cap on a bottle from which a baby nurses.
- n. A pacifier for an infant.
- n. Any of various devices functioning like or resembling a nipple, especially:
- n. A regulated opening for discharging a liquid, as in a small stopcock.
- n. A pipe coupling threaded on both ends.
- n. A short extension of pipe to which a nozzle can be attached.
- n. A small projection through which grease in a grease gun can be forced into a bearing.
- n. A natural or geographic projection resembling a nipple, as a mountain crest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The projection of a mammary gland from which, on female mammals, milk is secreted.
- n. An artificial nipple (definition 1) used for bottle-feeding infants.
- n. A mechanical device through which liquids can be passed in a regulated manner.
- n. A short tube threaded at both ends, used as a connector.
- n. Any small physical protrusion, such as the lumps on the F and J keys on American keyboards.
- n. Any small physical protrusion on an automotive, a machine part or any other part that fits into a groove on another part.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The protuberance through which milk is drawn from the breast or mamma; the mammilla; a teat; a pap.
- n. The orifice at which any animal liquid, as the oil from an oil bag, is discharged.
- n. Any small projection or article in which there is an orifice for discharging a fluid, or for other purposes
- n. A pipe fitting, consisting of a short piece of pipe, usually provided with a screw thread at each end, for connecting two other fittings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A protuberance of the breast where, in the female, the galactophorous ducts discharge; a pap; a teat.
- n. The papilla by which any animal secretion is discharged.
- n. Anything that projects like a nipple, as the projecting piece in a gun or a cartridge upon which the percussion-cap is placed to be struck by the hammer, the mouthpiece of a nursing-bottle, a nipple-shield, etc.
- n. A reducing-coupling for hose or for joining a hose to a pipe.
- n. A hollow piece projecting from and forming a passage connecting with the interior of a metal pipe, used for the attachment of a faucet or cock.
- To furnish with a nipple or nipples; cover with nipple-like protuberances.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a flexible cap on a baby's feeding bottle or pacifier
- n. the small projection of a mammary gland
Please excuse the inaccurate verbiage of our host when referring to the teat, he used the word nipple which is politically incorrect.
Her right nipple is deformed and is football shaped but could still definitely keep one afloat.
That changes up which part of you nipple is getting the worst of the chomp.
The nipple is IN the mouth; the surrounding “boobflesh” is blocked by a largish head.
I put the word nipple on the board, my sister put down wet, and moan, I put down sex and he put his head in his hands and asked if we were TWELVE!
Sorry, but I can't help thinking how that visible nipple is going to cost Samantha.
I think real milky nipple is a much more better experience for babies, natural and simple.
Amazing what happens when the big nanny nipple is removed.
Pet peeve: The word nipple was used far too often!
I'm still laughing about the word nipple, but otherwise sounds like an enjoyable read!