from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- interj. Used to express various emotions, such as satisfaction, surprise, delight, dislike, or pain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. An expression of relief, relaxation, comfort, confusion, understanding, wonder, awe, et cetera according to uttered inflection.
- interj. A word used for drama or emphasis.
- interj. A syllable used to fill space, particularly in music.
- n. An instance of the interjection ah.
- pro. Eye dialect spelling of I., most often indicating that the speaker is using an American (particularly Southern) accent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- interj. An exclamation, expressive of surprise, pity, complaint, entreaty, contempt, threatening, delight, triumph, etc., according to the manner of utterance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An exclamation expressive of pain, surprise, pity, compassion, complaint, contempt, dislike, joy, exultation, etc., according to the manner of utterance.
Errr….ummmm…..ah meanz ah am in no whey oldz enuff to member de top cat cartooney!
You do maarvellous. all the best vera goulart said … hi! dear HANNA .. i just see in hebreu dicionary!!! ah ¨ah ¨ah ¨ ..... we keep contact
"Oh, ah want, ah want, _ah want tuh heah mah Hannah laff again!
And of course, he is a Military Expert, having served in – ah, what branch of the service was that?
We are also told that No-ah is struggling with his apprenticeship, but we are never told why or what the problem is.
No-ah is a novice magician living with his three pets: Guru (a male cat), Nanai (a male dog), and Pritz Rang (a female mouse).
Just a breath of balmy air, and then the long cold frost again -- ah! they knew it well and lost no time.
Just this past weekend I cleaned my scrap room so that I could see the floor again .... ah, it never lasts long!
But as an adult, I regarded the memory of these trips with a mildly affectionate disdain – ah, such innocent fun, but such bourgeois misunderstanding of what constitutes NATURE and WILDERNESS.
:: Yes, except as the other poster said, it the show would be cho and mee-cho-ah is very much run together.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.