from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A subsidiary entrance to a building or house at its rear, normally away from the street.
- n. A means of access, often secret and unprotected, to something.
- n. A secret means of access to a program or system.
- n. The anus, generally used in reference to anal sex.
- adj. The path of a pitch which starts outside and then slides over the plate.
- v. To attempt to accomplish by indirect means, especially when direct means are proscribed.
- v. To enter a tube by accelerating from behind; to surf into an already formed hollow wave, in contrast to the normal method of slowing to allow a surfable wave to form.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A door in the back part of a building; hence, an indirect way.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a secret or underhand means of access (to a place or a position)
- n. an undocumented way to get access to a computer system or the data it contains
- n. an entrance at the rear of a building
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.