from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cover with or as if with folds; envelop.
- transitive v. To hold within limits; enclose.
- transitive v. To embrace.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To fold something around; to envelop
- v. To embrace
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To infold. See infold.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See infold.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. enclose or enfold completely with or as if with a covering
en- + fold (Wiktionary)