from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process of making guesses.
- n. An estimate or judgment made by guessing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An estimate, judgment or opinion made by guessing, from limited information.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Work performed, or results obtained, by guess; conjecture.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which is done by or is due to guess; conjectural action or opinion; random or haphazard action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an estimate based on little or no information
Sorry, no etymologies found.