American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Informal Common sense; gumption.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A crude, instinctive kind of common sense, independent of instruction or experience; a coarse, robust, and conspicuous form of shrewdness often found in ignorant and rude persons; plain, practical good sense.
- n. idiomatic Common sense, especially with a connotation of folk wisdom independent from, and trumping, formal education.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. [Colloq. U.S.] strong common sense.
- n. sound practical judgment
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘horse sense’.
Words that relate to learning, knowing, being enlightened...
Ailments with animal attachments. Okay, some are just made up ical...
cat-o-nine-tails, snake in the grass, puppy love, white elephant, crocodile tears, monkey business, keep the wolf fro..., culture vulture, black sheep of th..., scapegoat, ugly duckling, swan song and 260 more...
My big word list.
For those who wish no words were ever forgotten
My H Words
Looking for tweets for horse sense.