from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. irradiated by light, lit
- adj. decorated and illustrated.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of illuminate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. rendered luminous by rays of light striking and reflecting; -- used especially of illumination by artificial light.
- adj. Adorned with pictorial or graphical designs, as a book or page with borders, initial letters, or miniature pictures in colors and gold, as was done in manuscripts of the Middle Ages.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. provided with artificial light
Sorry, no etymologies found.