from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Vulgar A piece of excrement.
- n. Slang Vulgar A contemptible person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A piece of solid animal or human feces.
- n. A pejorative term, typically directed at a person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A ball or lump of excrement; dung.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. obscene terms for feces
Middle English, from Old English tord.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Middle English toord, tord, from Old English tord ("piece of excrement, dung, filth "), from Proto-Germanic *turdan (“mud, manure”), from Proto-Indo-European *der- (“to split, flay”). Cognate with Middle Dutch tord ("lump of excrement"), Old High German zort ("dung, excrement"), Old Norse torð- ("dung-", in compounds), Old English tyrdel ("dropping, small piece of excrement"). More at tear, treddle. (Wiktionary)